A Message from the Greater New Orleans Foundation:
On behalf of the Greater New Orleans Foundation board and staff, we want to express a sincere apology for the technology failure we experienced on GiveNOLA Day on Tuesday, May 3rd and a big Thank You”
And a Big Thank You
We’re very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused as you were trying to support your favorite nonprofits. We are so grateful for your generosity and your perseverance.
The GiveNOLA Day website was sporadically down for approximately ten hours within the 24-hour campaign. Kimbia, the Austin-based technology partner for Give Local America, said the reason the site crashed on giving day sites across the United States was the overwhelming volume of external sites pointing to and hitting their databases. A total of 54 community foundations nationwide experienced technical difficulties that severely disrupted the ability of tens of thousands of donors to make contributions.
What will happen with the prizes and awards?
- At present, we expect to grants awards as initially planned, but please be patient as we still have data to collect. (First, second, third, fourth and fifth place for small and large organizations that most unique dollars and most dollars raised.)
- The eight nonprofits who won Rock Around the Clock giveaways before the site crashed will be honored. The remainder will be randomly selected at a later date. All nonprofits are eligible.
- The first round of Throw Me Something Hour awards will be honored. The remaining $12,000 will be added to the Lagniappe Fund.
If I’m a donor?
- Please be assured that we have ruled out any security issues. There has been no security breach and all transactions continue to be securely processed.
- If you didn’t get a message confirming your donation, then please call the Greater New Orleans Foundation at (504) 598-4663.
- We are working as fast to possible to respond to calls and emails.
- If you were directed to give to a nonprofit’s own website, we’ll be working with these organizations to make sure your donation is counted.
If you were not able to donate through GiveNOLA this year and are still feeling generous, you can always donate directly to JPAS through PayPal by clicking on the button near the bottom of this page.