Free 2:00-6:00 p.m.
Come anytime and enjoy food booths, kids activities, indoor and outdoor fun!
Kick off the fest with a second line down Sala Avenue featuring SOUL HEIRS BRASS BAND at 2:00 p.m.-2:45 p.m.
Cool off inside at participating businesses along Sala Avenue, including:
Josh Wingerter Gallery
Westwego Historical Society
Westwego Cultural Center
JPAS will host free kids' theater workshops, craft activities and a costume dress up station inside Westwego Cultural Center.
Enjoy live music on the WCC porch from 3-6 p.m. and margaritas for sale inside the lobby with Las Maracas Restaurant.
Sala Avenue will be blocked off from Josh Wingerter Gallery in the 400 block to the 100 block at LeBrane’s Creole Cuisine
In addition to activities inside the theater, the fest will also include:
– A Car Show with cars classics of all kinds lining the streets of Sala Avenue.
– Food Booths, Food Trucks, & Craft Vendors selling jewelry, Books, Wood Décor, Specialty Soaps, candles, plants, metal work, clothing, sublimation items & more.
– Indoor & Outdoor Kids Activities,
– Enjoy Live Music from Note Worthy Trio from 3:30pm – 5:00pm at the Westwego Museum. The Westwego Museum will be open for you to come in and explore.
– JUNETEENTH SQUARE located next to the Westwego Cultural Center will include drum circles, dancing, and a showcase of African Culture & Art, plus education materials and information, books and more from Kamali Academy.
– LeBrane’s Creole Cuisine will have their food trailer, a bubble area, bounce house, jewelry vendor, candle vendor, sweets vendor, clothing vendor, & a dog treats vendor as well as LIVE MUSIC from Nawlins Sho-Nuff Band from 3:00pm – 6:00pm.